Wednesday 23 July 2014

Another unspoilt valley - Kentmere, on a hot sunny morning

Today I decided to explore some new fells - Green Quarter Fell, to the east of Kentmere which is usually overlooked in favour of the Kentmere round.  I only had a few hours and made an early start to avoid walking in the heat of the afternoon.  I arrived at the parking spot at the church just after 9 am and got the last space luckily.

   

         Picturesque views back towards Kentmere at start of walk



       The amusingly named Skeggles Water - there were lots of cows around the water edge

I have recently developed an awareness around cows - I avoid them or am very wary when therey have young calves with them.  



       Clear paths most of the way -except between Skeggles water and Holloow Moor 
      where I had to wade through thigh high tussocks 



        Descent back to Green Quarter - great view of Kentmere tarn but unfortunately 
        can hardly make it out in this photo

All in all a very pleasant half day walk-wouldn't have wanted to be out much longer in that heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment